Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if we get into an accident?

If you are involved in an accident, you must notify OC RV within 24 hours. In case of an accident obtain the:

  • Name and address of each driver, passenger and witness
  • Name of Insurance Company and policy number for each vehicle involved

For accidents involving more than $500 in damage, a full written police accident report must be submitted to OC RV upon your return. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of your security deposit.

Can we travel with pets?

Yes, pets are allowed in our pet friendly vehicles with an additional refundable $100 security deposit. The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as you received it, free of pet hair and pet odor. If cleaning is required to remote pet hair and pet odor, you will be charged accordingly.

Do you offer any Roadside Assistance?

Yes, we do. All of our Motor Home, Travel Trailer, Toy Hauler, and Utility Trailer rentals include 24-hour emergency roadside assistance throughout the United States and Canada. To access this you would call 1-800-416-4069 and reference this MEMBERSHIP #  8706582

How do I learn more about the RV I am renting?

We give every customer a familiarization or orientation tour of the RV (which takes approximately 30 minutes to 60 minutes). This is an important and required step to acquaint you and any other drivers with the operation of the vehicle before departure. You can schedule this tour before the rental date (which would be subject to availability of the specific RV or similar model you are renting).

How do I pay for the rental?

It’s an easy process. You will pay for your rental using our online booking software. We accept all major credit cards and cash for payment or deposits. You can read more about our specific payment, cancellation, deposit policies here.

Do you have any other rental policies?

Yes, you can read all our rental policies here.

What kind of gas mileage will we get?

Mileage depends on the size of the motor home and the driving conditions. After you select the RV you want to rent we can give you a more specific answer. Generally, you will get between 8 and 11 miles per gallon.

We include 100 free miles per night. For motor homes the extra mileage charge over 100 miles/night is $.39 per mile for up to 200 miles/night, $.89 per mile for up to 300 miles/night and $1.49 cents per mile for over 300 miles/night.

Do I need a special driver’s license to drive a motor home?

No, but you need to be 25 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license. No special endorsement is necessary. However, if you are a guest traveling from overseas an International Drivers license is required.

Are pets allowed in the motorhomes?

Pets are only welcome in some units, with an additional rental and security deposit fee

How do I pay for the rental?

  • We accept all major credit cards and cash for payment or deposits

Can I tow my car or boat behind the motorhome?

We do allow towing with some of our motor homes, travel trailers, toy haulers and enclosed trailers. You are responsible for having the proper vehicle and equipment to tow the rented vehicle. This will consist of a tow vehicle with sufficient tow rating for the rented vehicle, class III hitch, 7-way electrical plug, and an ELECTRONIC BRAKE CONTROLLER. To look up the towing capacity of your vehicle you can use this resource:

Are motor homes difficult to operate?

No. At departure you will receive a 30-60 minute familiarization tour and learn how to hook up, operate appliances, and the equipment on the RV. We also show you how to plug in to a power source, hook up your dump tanks, and everything else associated with operating an RV.